Week 6: Too committed to quit and too tired that I'm nearly quitting

Well, I'm glad to say that I've made it to week 6, but at the same time I can say that I feel kind of tired and overwhelmed as I have a lot of work because my program is ending so I have tons to do. Anyways I always manage to squeeze in a little but of the course.

This past week I learnt and read about how to make a powerpoint more interactive. There were several articles that gave us a lot of technique in ways to make a presentation more interesting. Indeed it was really cool while I read it.  Also I had to create mine. I must admit that I didnt invest a lot of time on it but I tried my best, I wished I had a little bit more time.

Finally I started implementing my tool in class.  For this I took a laptop and connected it to wifi and showed my students different websites were they cab interact with native speakers. Also I recollected all their emails and sent them a document with step to step instructions of what to do. So far it hasn't been that great because most of them tell me that between work anf family they dont have enough time to chat and interact with others.

I hope this manages to change as time goes by, although I will brainstorm other ways to try to make them keep in touch.

Well for now that's it for this week.

Regards,

GLEDIS LIbert
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Comments

  1. Hi Gledis!! We are almost done my friend so please, please dont quit!! I know it is very hard because as a teacher in our part of the hemisphere we are finsihing our academic year.
    I think you have done a great job implementing your tools in class already! Taking your notebook and sharing the links with your studdents was a very important step in their autonomy. They may not have the time yet, but somehow eventually they will be able to visit the sites and links you shared with them! And these sites will be very important for their learning process and they will realized your intention and they will realize that you care!!
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment